Voltaren Emulgel 20g
Voltaren Emulgel is used for Lower back pain, Relief of the pain of osteoarthritis of knees and hands and other conditions.
- Voltaren Emulgel contains Diclofenac as an active ingredient.
- Voltaren Emulgel works by blocking the action of enzyme cyclooxygenase, which is required for the biosynthesis of prostaglandins.
- Novartis Health Phils manufactures Voltaren Emulgel.
Voltaren Emulgel Uses
Voltaren Emulgel is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Lower back pain
- Relief of the pain of osteoarthritis of knees and hands
- Voltaren Emulgel may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Voltaren Emulgel Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Voltaren Emulgel improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking the action of enzyme cyclooxygenase, which is required for the biosynthesis of prostaglandins.
Voltaren Emulgel - Composition and Active Ingredients
Voltaren Emulgel is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Diclofenac - As Diethylamine
Voltaren Emulgel - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Voltaren Emulgel. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Application site dermatitis
- Application site pruritus
- Application site erythema
- Application site paresthesia
- Application site dryness
- Application site vesicles
Voltaren Emulgel - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Voltaren Emulgel, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid contact of this drug with eyes
- Blood pressure should be monitored closely during treatment
- Elderly patients
- Patients taking diuretics and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors
- Patients with fluid retention
- Patients with heart failure
Voltaren Emulgel - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Voltaren Emulgel may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Voltaren Emulgel may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors
- Oral nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Voltaren Emulgel - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Voltaren Emulgel is a contraindication. In addition, Voltaren Emulgel should not be used if you have the following conditions:
History of asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Hypersensitivity to this drug
- Treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft surgery