Urispas 200 Tablets 15s
Urispas Tablet is used for Overactive bladder, Painful urination, Bladder infection, Increased night-time urination, Pain in the bladder, Frequent urination and other conditions.
- Urispas Tablet contains Flavoxate as an active ingredient.
- Urispas Tablet works by decreasing the muscle contraction of the bladder.
- Walter Bushnell manufactures Urispas Tablet.
Urispas Tablet Uses
Urispas Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Overactive bladder
- Painful urination
- Bladder infection
- Increased night-time urination
- Pain in the bladder
- Frequent urination
Urispas Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Urispas Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Decreasing the muscle contraction of the bladder.
Urispas Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Urispas Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Urispas Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Urispas Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Mental confusion
Urispas Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Urispas Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you know how this medication affects you
- Consult a doctor if you have blurred vision, hyperthyroidism, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, irregular fast heartbeat or hepatic and renal impairment
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Drink enough fluids to prevent dehydration in hot weather or during intense exercise
- Elderly patients
Urispas Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Urispas Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Urispas Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Urispas Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Urispas Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Urispas Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Below the age of twelve years
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Lower part muscles of the oesophagus fail to relax
- Myasthenia gravis
- Obstructive uropathies of the lower urinary tract
- Pyloric or duodenal obstruction