Sinutab With Codeine 24 Tablets
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet is used for Allergies, Flu, Joint pain, Headache, Toothache, Ear pain and other conditions.
- Sinutab With Codeine Tablet contains Codeine Phosphate, Paracetamol and Phenyltoloxamine as active ingredients.
- Sinutab With Codeine Tablet works by increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating; helping in the relief of stuffy nose and ear congestion symptoms; broken down by the liver into morphine;
- Johnson And Johnson manufactures Sinutab With Codeine Tablet.
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet Uses
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Joint pain
- Ear pain
- Periods pain
- Common cold
- Relief of mild to moderately severe pain
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
- Helping in the relief of stuffy nose and ear congestion symptoms.
- Broken down by the liver into morphine.
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Paracetamol - 500mg
- Codeine Phosphate - 10mg
- Pseudoephedrine - 30mg
- Chlorpheniramine - 2mg
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Sinutab With Codeine Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Feeling of sickness
- Skin reddening
- Allergic reactions
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen facial features
- Liver damage
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Sinutab With Codeine Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert.
Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Acute pancreatitis
- Addison’s disease
- Avoid driving a car or operating machinery
- Avoid taking alcohol or other central nervous system depressants
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Sinutab With Codeine Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Antianxiety agents
Sinutab With Codeine Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Sinutab With Codeine Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Sinutab With Codeine Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma
- Hepatic impairment
- Hypersensitivity to codeine