Sinutab 50 Tablets
What is Sinutab?
Sinutab Tablet is used for Sinusitis, Flu, Headache, Toothache, Ear pain, Joint pain and other conditions.
- Sinutab Tablet contains Paracetamol, Phenylpropanolamine and Phenyltoloxamine as active ingredients.
- Sinutab Tablet works by increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating; stimulating alpha-adrenergic receptors which produce vasoconstriction and reduces tissue edema and nasal congestion; helping in the relief of stuffy nose and ear congestion symptoms;
- Johnson And Johnson manufactures Sinutab Tablet.
Sinutab Tablet Uses
Sinutab Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
- Appetite suppressor
- Common cold
Sinutab Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Sinutab Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
- Stimulating alpha-adrenergic receptors which produce vasoconstriction and reduces tissue edema and nasal congestion.
- Helping in the relief of stuffy nose and ear congestion symptoms.
Sinutab Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Sinutab Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Paracetamol - 300Mg
- Phenylpropanolamine - 25Mg
- Phenyltoloxamine - 22Mg
Sinutab Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Sinutab Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Feeling of sickness
- Skin reddening
- Allergic reactions
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen facial features
- Liver damage
Sinutab Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Sinutab Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid its continuous use for longer than 3 months
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
- Difficulty urinating
Sinutab Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Sinutab Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Sinutab Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Sinutab Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Sinutab Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Sinutab Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Hepatic impairment