Scopex Syrup 100ml
What is Scopex?
Scopex Syrup is used for Painful abdominal cramps, Irritable bowel syndrome, Running nose, Inflammation of the intestine, Painful ulcers, Inflammation of the pancreas and other conditions.
- Scopex Syrup contains Hyoscyamine as an active ingredient.
- Scopex Syrup works by blocking the action of a chemical that controls muscle contraction and secretions of body.
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Scopex Syrup.
Scopex Syrup Uses
Scopex Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Painful abdominal cramps
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Running nose
- Inflammation of the intestine
- Painful ulcers
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Painful conditions of the digestive system
Scopex Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Scopex Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking the action of a chemical that controls muscle contraction and secretions of body.
Scopex Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Scopex Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Scopex Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Scopex Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Bloated feeling
- Decreased production of breast milk
- Itchy skin rash
Scopex Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Scopex Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Always take hyoscyamine 1 hour before or 2 hours after taking any antacids
- Consult your doctor if you have nerve disorders, overactive thyroid, heart problems, high blood pressure, increased pressure inside the eye, kidney disease, hiatal hernia or myasthenia gravis
- Do not drive or operate machinery as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness
- Drink plenty of fluids and maintain good oral hygiene to relieve dry mouth
- If you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding
- Inform your doctor if you are having surgery including dental surgery
Scopex Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Scopex Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Scopex Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Potassium chloride
- Potassium citrate
- Sodium chloride
Scopex Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Scopex Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Scopex Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Muscle relaxants
- Sleeping pills