Expectalin Syrup 100ml
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid is used for Cough relief, Common cold, Airway irritation, Mild to moderate pain, Patients with metabolic alkalosis, Patients with hypochloremic states and other conditions.
- Expectalin With Codeine Liquid contains Ammonium Chloride, Codeine Phosphate and Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride as active ingredients.
- Expectalin With Codeine Liquid works by increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body; broken down by the liver into morphine; blocking the action of histamine;
- Johnson And Johnson manufactures Expectalin With Codeine Liquid.
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid Uses
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Common cold
- Airway irritation
- Mild to moderate pain
- Patients with metabolic alkalosis
- Patients with hypochloremic states
- Relief of mild to moderately severe pain
- Red, irritated, itchy or watery eyes
- Runny nose caused by hay fever
- Motion sickness
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body.
- Broken down by the liver into morphine.
- Blocking the action of histamine.
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid - Composition and Active Ingredients
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ammonium Chloride - 125Mg/5Ml
- Codeine Phosphate - 10Mg
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride - 12.5Mg
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Expectalin With Codeine Liquid. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Injection site reactions
- Irregular breathing
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Expectalin With Codeine Liquid, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- 65 years of age or older
- Acute pancreatitis
- Addison’s disease
- Avoid driving a car or operating machinery
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Expectalin With Codeine Liquid may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Antianxiety agents
Expectalin With Codeine Liquid - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Expectalin With Codeine Liquid is a contraindication. In addition, Expectalin With Codeine Liquid should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma
- Hypersensitivity to codeine
- Metabolic alkalosis with loss of sodium bicarbonate
- Paralytic ileus