Daktarin Oral Gel 30g
Daktarin Oral Gel is used for Fungal and bacterial infections, Vulvovaginal candidiasis, Vaginal yeast infections, Napkin rash, Paronychia and other conditions.
- Daktarin Oral Gel contains Miconazole as an active ingredient.
- Daktarin Oral Gel works by preventing the growth of fungi and increasing cellular permeability.
- Janssen Pharmaceutica manufactures Daktarin Oral Gel.
Daktarin Oral Gel Uses
Daktarin Oral Gel is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Napkin rash
Daktarin Oral Gel Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Daktarin Oral Gel improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Preventing the growth of fungi and increasing cellular permeability.
Daktarin Oral Gel - Composition and Active Ingredients
Daktarin Oral Gel is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Daktarin Oral Gel - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Daktarin Oral Gel. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Vaginal burning sensation
- Skin inflammation
- Change in taste
- Pain during periods
- Application site itchiness
Daktarin Oral Gel - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Daktarin Oral Gel, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Abdominal pain, chills, fever and nausea
- Avoid contact with eyes and oral cavity
- Foul-smelling vaginal discharge
- Skin rash or hives
- Swelling on face, eyes, lips, tongue and throat
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Daktarin Oral Gel. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Daktarin Oral Gel. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth
Daktarin Oral Gel - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Daktarin Oral Gel may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Daktarin Oral Gel may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Amphotericin B
Daktarin Oral Gel - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Daktarin Oral Gel is a contraindication. In addition, Daktarin Oral Gel should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Hepatic impairment