Amethocaine Cr 25g Cream
Amethocaine CR Cream is used for Numb different parts of the body and other conditions. Amethocaine is an anaesthetic and is also known as tetracaine. It works by blocking nerve impulses, which results in loss of feeling.
Amethocaine gel and cream are used for topical anaesthesia for small medical procedures.
- Amethocaine CR Cream contains Tetracaine as an active ingredient.
- Amethocaine CR Cream works by blocking the pain signals at the nerve endings.
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Amethocaine CR Cream.
Amethocaine CR Cream Uses
Amethocaine CR Cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Numb different parts of the body
- Amethocaine CR Cream may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Amethocaine CR Cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Amethocaine CR Cream improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking the pain signals at the nerve endings.
Amethocaine CR Cream - Composition and Active Ingredients
Amethocaine CR Cream is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Amethocaine CR Cream - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Amethocaine CR Cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Severe burning
- Corneal damage
- Eye irritation or sensitivity or redness or stinging or watering
- Increased sensitivity to light
Amethocaine CR Cream - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Amethocaine CR Cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid using other medications on the treated areas
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Amethocaine CR Cream. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Amethocaine CR Cream. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Amethocaine CR Cream - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Amethocaine CR Cream may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Amethocaine CR Cream may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Amyl nitrite
- Sodium nitrite
- Sodium thiosulfate
Amethocaine CR Cream - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Amethocaine CR Cream is a contraindication. In addition, Amethocaine CR Cream should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Do not apply on cut or irritated skin
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not use it for long period
- Do not use large amounts
- Protect numb eye from dust and bacterial contamination
- Remove your contact lenses