Prodol 20 Solution
Prodol Solution is used for Local anesthesia of oral and pharyngeal mucous membranes, Ear ache, Surgical or procedural local anesthesia, Anesthesia for hemorrhoids and other conditions.
- Prodol Solution contains Benzocaine as an active ingredient.
- Prodol Solution works by blocking nerve conduction reversibly.
- Technikon Labs manufactures Prodol Solution.
Prodol Solution Uses
Prodol Solution is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Local anesthesia of oral and pharyngeal mucous membranes
- Ear ache
- Surgical or procedural local anesthesia
- Anesthesia for hemorrhoids
Prodol Solution Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Prodol Solution improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking nerve conduction reversibly.
Prodol Solution - Composition and Active Ingredients
Prodol Solution is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Prodol Solution - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Prodol Solution. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Irregular heartbeat
- Respiratory depression
- Contact dermatitis
Prodol Solution - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Prodol Solution, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Consult your doctor if you need to use this drug for more than 7 days
- Do not apply to eyes
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Do not wrap the affected area
- Risk of methemoglobinemia
- Stop use and consult a doctor immediately if you develop pale, gray or blue skin, headache, rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, dizziness, or fatigue
Prodol Solution - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Prodol Solution may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Prodol Solution may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Aminosalicylic acid
Prodol Solution - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Prodol Solution is a contraindication. In addition, Prodol Solution should not be used if you have the following conditions: