Phenergan Tablets 100s
Phenergan Tablet is used for Sneezing, Nose itching, Eye irritation, Nausea, Vomiting, Motion sickness and other conditions.
- Phenergan Tablet contains Promethazine as an active ingredient.
- Phenergan Tablet works by blocking histamines or nitrogenous compounds.
- Sanofi Aventis manufactures Phenergan Tablet.
Phenergan Tablet Uses
Phenergan Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Nose itching,
- Eye irritation,
- Motion sickness,
Phenergan Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Phenergan Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking histamines or nitrogenous compounds.
Phenergan Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Phenergan Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Phenergan Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Phenergan Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Central nervous system depression
- Dryness of mouth
- Blurring of vision
- Retention of urine
Phenergan Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Phenergan Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not use in children younger than 2 years old
- Do not use this drug for more than 7 days without doctor's consultation
- May cause breathing problems
- Notify doctor if have breathing problems such as asthma, COPD, sleep apnea
- Notify doctor if have redness, burning, pain, leaking fluid from injection site
Phenergan Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Phenergan Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Phenergan Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
Phenergan Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Phenergan Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Phenergan Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Children below the age of two years
- Concomitant therapy with monoamine oxidase inhibitor inhibitors