Pectrolyte 150 Suspension
Pectrolyte Suspension is used for Diarrhea, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Electrolyte imbalance, High triglycerides level, Diabetes, Dry oozing and other conditions.
- Pectrolyte Suspension contains Chlorodyne, Kaolin, Pectin, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride and Sodium Lactate as active ingredients.
- Pectrolyte Suspension works by absorbing excess fluid and reducing intestinal movement; binding substances in the intestine and adding bulk to the stools; works for nerve conduction, muscle contraction, kidney function and heart beating; increasing the blood volume; possessing the sodium chloride content; neutralizing the lactic acid present in the body;
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Pectrolyte Suspension.
Pectrolyte Suspension Uses
Pectrolyte Suspension is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Electrolyte imbalance
- High triglycerides level
- Dry oozing
- Weeping poison ivy
- Poison oak
- Poison sumac lesions
- Anorectal itching
- High cholesterol level
- Colon cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Deficiency of potassium
- Low sodium levels
- Low potassium levels
- Low magnesium levels
- Low calcium levels
- Blood and fluid loss
Pectrolyte Suspension Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Pectrolyte Suspension improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Absorbing excess fluid and reducing intestinal movement.
- Binding substances in the intestine and adding bulk to the stools.
- Works for nerve conduction, muscle contraction, kidney function and heart beating.
- Increasing the blood volume; possessing the sodium chloride content.
- Neutralizing the lactic acid present in the body.
Pectrolyte Suspension - Composition and Active Ingredients
Pectrolyte Suspension is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Chlorodyne - 2Ml/100Ml
- Kaolin - 20Ml
- Pectin - 0.4Ml
- Potassium Chloride - 0.14Ml
- Sodium Chloride - 0.26Ml
- Sodium Lactate - 0.29Ml
Pectrolyte Suspension - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Pectrolyte Suspension. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Decrease in appetite
- Mineral depletion
- Stomach pain or swelling
- Pectrolyte Suspension may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Pectrolyte Suspension - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Pectrolyte Suspension, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Administration of parenteral fluids
- Blockage of intestine
- Consult a doctor if you have congestive heart failure, hypertension or renal disease
- Consult a doctor of you have congestive heart failure
Pectrolyte Suspension - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Pectrolyte Suspension may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Pectrolyte Suspension may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Ascorbic acid
Pectrolyte Suspension - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Pectrolyte Suspension is a contraindication. In addition, Pectrolyte Suspension should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- AV Block
- Allergic reactions
- Allergic to it or any ingredient
- Concomitant digitalis therapy
- Congestive heart failure
- Extracellular hyperhydration