What is Citro Soda Granules?
Citro Soda Granules Sachet is used for Urine alkalization, Kidney stones, Acidity, Treatment of urinary bladder calculi, Gastric problems, Microbial infections, Acidity in the blood, Antiseptic, Bloating, Anticoagulation and other conditions.
- Citro Soda Granules Sachet contains Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Citrate, Sugar and Tartaric Acid as active ingredients.
- Citro Soda Granules Sachet works by neutralizing stomach acid; controlling the growth of microorganisms; possessing the calcium chelating ability; lowering the coagulation factor activity; exhibiting the antioxidant action; regulating the intake of sodium and potassium; improving the insulin production; raising the glucose tolerance; possessing the hypotension, diuresis action; possessing the antioxidant activity; possessing the anticancer activity; possessing the antimicrobial action; possessing the antiinflammatory action;
- Pfizer manufactures Citro Soda Granules Sachet.
Citro Soda Granules Sachet Uses
Citro Soda Granules Sachet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Urine alkalization
- Kidney stones
- Treatment of urinary bladder calculi
- Gastric problems
- Microbial infections
- Acidity in the blood
- Gastric lavage in methanol poisoning
- Metabolic acidosis
- Type 2 diabetes
- Alcohol abuse
- Digestive aid
- Decreased urine output
Citro Soda Granules Sachet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Citro Soda Granules Sachet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Neutralizing stomach acid.
- Controlling the growth of microorganisms.
- Possessing the calcium chelating ability; lowering the coagulation factor activity; exhibiting the antioxidant action.
- Regulating the intake of sodium and potassium.
- Improving the insulin production; raising the glucose tolerance; possessing the hypotension, diuresis action; possessing the antioxidant activity; possessing the anticancer activity; possessing the antimicrobial action; possessing the antiinflammatory action.
Citro Soda Granules Sachet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Citro Soda Granules Sachet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Sodium Bicarbonate - 1716 MG
- Tartaric Acid - 858 MG
- Citric Acid - 702 MG
- Sodium Citrate - 613 MG
Citro Soda Granules Sachet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Citro Soda Granules Sachet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Swelling of feet or lower legs
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Muscle pain or twitching
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Rapid breathing
- Unpleasant taste
- Mood or mental changes
- Loss of appetite
- Nervousness or restlessness
Citro Soda Granules Sachet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Citro Soda Granules Sachet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Consult a doctor if you have cardiac failure, hypertension, impaired renal function or peripheral and pulmonary edema
- Do not exceed the amount
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding
- Take caution if you have low urine output, abnormal renal function, cardiac failure or hypertension
- Take caution if you have peripheral or pulmonary edema
- Take it by diluting with water
- Take this drug after meals
- Toxemia of pregnancy
Citro Soda Granules Sachet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Citro Soda Granules Sachet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Citro Soda Granules Sachet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alginic acid
- Aluminium hydroxide
- Aluminum hydroxide
- Calcium carbonate
Citro Soda Granules Sachet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Citro Soda Granules Sachet is a contraindication. In addition, Citro Soda Granules Sachet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute dehydration
- Allergic reactions
- Congestive heart failure
- Decreased amount of urine or no urine
- Difficulty in respiration
- Fluid retention
- Heat cramps