Citro Soda Granules is used for Urine alkalization, Kidney stones, Gastric problems, Acidity, Heartburn, Antiseptic and other conditions.
- Citro Soda Granules contains Glucose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Citrate and Tartaric Acid as active ingredients.
- Citro Soda Granules works by increasing the blood sugar level; neutralizing stomach acid; regulating the intake of sodium and potassium; controlling the growth of microorganisms;
- Abbott manufactures Citro Soda Granules
Citro Soda Granules Uses
Citro Soda Granules is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Urine alkalization
- Kidney stones
- Gastric problems
- Acidity in the blood
- Low blood glucose
- Gastric lavage in methanol poisoning
Citro Soda Granules Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Citro Soda Granules improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the blood sugar level.
- Neutralizing stomach acid.
- Regulating the intake of sodium and potassium.
- Controlling the growth of microorganisms.
Citro Soda Granules - Composition and Active Ingredients
Citro Soda Granules is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Sodium Citrate
- Tartaric Acid
Citro Soda Granules - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Citro Soda Granules. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Abdominal pain
- Cardiovascular collapse
- Increased urination
- Pain or swelling at injection site
- Swelling of feet or lower legs
Citro Soda Granules - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Citro Soda Granules, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Consult a doctor if you have cardiac failure, hypertension, impaired renal function or peripheral and pulmonary edema
- Do not exceed the amount
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding
- Regularly monitor your blood sugar level
Citro Soda Granules - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Citro Soda Granules may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Citro Soda Granules may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alginic acid
- Aluminum hydroxide
- Calcium carbonate
Citro Soda Granules - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Citro Soda Granules is a contraindication. In addition, Citro Soda Granules should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute dehydration
- Allergic reactions
- Congestive heart failure
- Decreased amount of urine or no urine