Anadin Analgesic Tablets 20s
Anadin Analgesic 20 Tablets is indicated to help with the relief of fever and moderate pain brought on by headache, toothache, muscular pain, dysmenorrhoea, arthralgia and pain associated with flu and colds.
What is Anadin?
Anadin Tablet is used for Fever, Pain, Rheumatic fever, Rheumatoid arthritis, Pericarditis, Kawasaki disease and other conditions.
- Anadin Tablet contains Aspirin, Caffeine Citrate and Paracetamol as active ingredients.
- Anadin Tablet works by suppressing the production of prostaglandins; stimulating the brain and and thereby reduces pain; increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating;
- Pfizer Consumer Health manufactures Anadin Tablet.
Anadin Tablet Uses
Anadin Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Rheumatic fever
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Kawasaki disease
- Apnea of prematurity in infants
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
Anadin Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Anadin Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Suppressing the production of prostaglandins.
- Stimulating the brain and and thereby reduces pain.
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
Anadin Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Anadin Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Caffeine Citrate
Anadin Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Anadin Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Angioneurotic edema
Anadin Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Anadin Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
- Check the packaging to ensure that you take this medication as directed
- Do not take paracetamol if you consume alcoholic beverages every day
- Heart disease
Anadin Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Anadin Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Anadin Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Anadin Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Anadin Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Anadin Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic to it
- Children less than 12 years of age
- Children or adolescents to control cold or influenza symptoms
- Dengue fever