Adco-Dermed 80 Shampoo
Dermed Shampoo is used for Fungal infections, Yeast infections of skin and other conditions.
- Dermed Shampoo contains Ketoconazole as an active ingredient.
- Dermed Shampoo works by preventing yeasts and fungi from reproducing.
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Dermed Shampoo.
Dermed Shampoo Uses
Dermed Shampoo is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Fungal infections
- Yeast infections of skin
Dermed Shampoo Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Dermed Shampoo improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
Preventing yeasts and fungi from reproducing.
Dermed Shampoo - Composition and Active Ingredients
Dermed Shampoo is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Dermed Shampoo - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Dermed Shampoo. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Decreased platelets
- Inability to achieve erection
- Blockade of synthesis of hormones from adrenal glands
- Itching of skin
Dermed Shampoo - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Dermed Shampoo, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Have or history of hepatic impairment, predisposition to adrenocortical insufficiency
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Take antacid 1 hour before or 2 hours after this drug
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Dermed Shampoo. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Dermed Shampoo. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Dermed Shampoo - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Dermed Shampoo may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Dermed Shampoo may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Abiraterone acetate
- Aluminium hydroxide and oxide
Dermed Shampoo - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Dermed Shampoo is a contraindication. In addition, Dermed Shampoo should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Preexisting liver disease