What is Acitop?
Acitop Fever Blister Cream 2g is made with acyclovir and is indicated to help with treating the symptoms of herpes simplex infections on the lips. Can be used for both initial and recurring infections.
Acitop Cream is used for Viral infections and other conditions:
- Acitop Cream contains Aciclovir as an active ingredient.
- Acitop Cream works by slowing the growth and spread of virus in the body.
- Cipla Medpro manufactures Acitop Cream.
Acitop Cream Uses
Acitop Cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Acitop Cream may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Acitop Cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Acitop Cream improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
Slowing the growth and spread of virus in the body.
Acitop Cream - Composition and Active Ingredients
Acitop Cream is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Acitop Cream - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Acitop Cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
Acitop Cream - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Acitop Cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. T
ell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid chewing gum and brushing your teeth
- Avoid strong sunlight
- Drink plenty of water
- Pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
- Use condom while having sex
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Acitop Cream. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Acitop Cream. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Acitop Cream - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Acitop Cream may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Acitop Cream may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Injected antibiotics
Acitop Cream - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Acitop Cream is a contraindication. In addition, Acitop Cream should not be used if you have the following conditions:
Store below 25°C in a dry place. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.