What is A-Por?
A-Por Cream is used for Treatment of jock itch, Prevention of oral thrush, Fungal skin infection of vagina, Treatment of ringworm, Relief of itching, Burning, Cracking, And scaling associated with athlete's foot, Jock itch and ringworm, Fungal infections of vulva and other conditions.
- A-Por Cream contains Clotrimazole as an active ingredient.
- A-Por Cream works by inhibiting the growth of fungi.
- Pharmacare manufactures A-Por Cream.
A-Por Cream Uses
A-Por Cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Treatment of jock itch
- Prevention of oral thrush
- Fungal skin infection of vagina
- Treatment of ringworm
- Relief of itching, burning, cracking, and scaling associated with athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm
- Fungal infections of vulva
- Treatment of athlete's foot
- Fungal infections of penis
A-Por Cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
A-Por Cream improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Inhibiting the growth of fungi.
A-Por Cream - Composition and Active Ingredients
A-Por Cream is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
A-Por Cream - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of A-Por Cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Upset stomach
A-Por Cream - Precautions & How to Use
Before using A-Por Cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome
- Alcohol use
- Allergic reaction to this drug
- Avoid contact with the eyes for cream
- Do not use in children under 2 years of age unless directed by a doctor
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying A-Por Cream. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying A-Por Cream. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
A-Por Cream - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of A-Por Cream may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. A-Por Cream may interact with the following drugs and products:
A-Por Cream - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to A-Por Cream is a contraindication. In addition, A-Por Cream should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- First trimester of pregnancy
- Hypersensitivity to imidazole