Reparil Gel 100g
What is Reparil?
Reparil Gel is used for Post-operative oedema, Chronic venous insufficiency, Haemorrhoids and other conditions.
- Reparil Gel contains Aescin as an active ingredient.
- Reparil Gel works by inducing endothelial nitric oxide synthesis by making endothelial cells more permeable to calcium ions and also by inducing the release of prostaglandin F2_.
- Takeda manufactures Reparil Gel.
Reparil Gel Uses
Reparil Gel is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Post-operative oedema
- Chronic venous insufficiency
Reparil Gel Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Reparil Gel improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Inducing endothelial nitric oxide synthesis by making endothelial cells more permeable to calcium ions and also by inducing the release of prostaglandin F2
Reparil Gel - Composition and Active Ingredients
Reparil Gel is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Reparil Gel - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Reparil Gel. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Acute anaphylactic reactions
- Acute renal failure
Reparil Gel - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Reparil Gel, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Reparil Gel. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Reparil Gel. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Reparil Gel - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Reparil Gel may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Reparil Gel may interact with the following drugs and products:
Reparil Gel - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Reparil Gel is a contraindication. In addition, Reparil Gel should not be used if you have the following conditions: