Posalfilin Ointment 10g
Posalfilin Ointment is used for Calluses and corns, Genital warts, Skin diseases, Acne, Blemishes, Skin redness and other conditions.
- Posalfilin Ointment contains Podophyllotoxin and Salicylic Acid as active ingredients.
- Posalfilin Ointment works by stopping the cell duplication and new growth; works on reducing swelling, redness, pimples and also loosens and softens the dry and scaly skin;
- Norgine manufactures Posalfilin Ointment.
Posalfilin Ointment Uses
Posalfilin Ointment is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Calluses and corns
- Genital warts
- Skin diseases
- Skin redness
Posalfilin Ointment Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Posalfilin Ointment improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Stopping the cell duplication and new growth.
- Works on reducing swelling, redness, pimples and also loosens and softens the dry and scaly skin.
Posalfilin Ointment - Composition and Active Ingredients
Posalfilin Ointment is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Podophyllotoxin - 2G/10G
- Salicylic Acid - 2.5G/10G
Posalfilin Ointment - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Posalfilin Ointment. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Mild burning
Posalfilin Ointment - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Posalfilin Ointment, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Avoid contact with eyes and other mucous membranes
- Consult a doctor about medication or kidney problems
- Discontinue use and consult a doctor if excessive burning, stinging or peeling occurs
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Posalfilin Ointment. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Posalfilin Ointment. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Posalfilin Ointment - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Posalfilin Ointment may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Posalfilin Ointment may interact with the following drugs and products:
Posalfilin Ointment - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Posalfilin Ointment is a contraindication. In addition, Posalfilin Ointment should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- After shaving or bathing
- Avoid use on dentures
- Do not apply bandage or heating pad
- Genital warts