Phenorant Syrup 100ml
Phenorant Syrup is used for Patients with metabolic alkalosis, Patients with hypochloremic states, Relief of runny nose, Sneezing, Itchy, Watery eyes, Itchy nose, Itchy throat due to hay fever or allergy, Relief of runny nose and sneezing due to common cold, Acidity, Gastric problems and other conditions.
- Phenorant Syrup contains Ammonium Chloride, Diphenhydramine and Sodium Citrate as active ingredients.
- Phenorant Syrup works by increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body; blocking the action of histamine; regulating the intake of sodium and potassium;
- Gulf Drug Company manufactures Phenorant Syrup.
Phenorant Syrup Uses
Phenorant Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Patients with metabolic alkalosis
- Patients with hypochloremic states
- Relief of runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, itchy nose, itchy throat due to hay fever or allergy
- Relief of runny nose and sneezing due to common cold
- Gastric problems
- Kidney stones
Phenorant Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Phenorant Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body.
- Blocking the action of histamine.
- Regulating the intake of sodium and potassium.
Phenorant Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Phenorant Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ammonium Chloride - 130Mg/5Ml
- Diphenhydramine - 13.33Mg/5Ml
- Sodium Citrate - 54.166Mg/5Ml
Phenorant Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Phenorant Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Injection site reactions
- Irregular breathing
- Progressive drowsiness
Phenorant Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Phenorant Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Consult a doctor if you have cardiac failure, hypertension, impaired renal function or peripheral and pulmonary edema
- Crystals can be dissolved by placing container in warm water bath
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not use to make a child sleepy
- Ensure the medication has not crystallized before administration
- Inform your doctor if you have previous kidney or liver failure
Phenorant Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Phenorant Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Phenorant Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alginic acid
- Aluminum hydroxide
- Calcium carbonate
Phenorant Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Phenorant Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Phenorant Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute dehydration
- Concomitant use with other products containing diphenhydramine
- Heat cramps