Otrivin Adult Nose Drops 10ml
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops is used for Congested nose, Catarrh, Cold, Allergic, Allergy and other conditions.
- Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops contains Xylometazoline Drops as an active ingredient.
- Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops works by constricting the blood vessels in nose.
- Novartis India manufactures Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops.
- Detailed information related to Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops Uses
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Congested nose
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Constricting the blood vessels in nose.
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops - Composition and Active Ingredients
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Xylometazoline Drops - 0.1%
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Itching or sneezing
- Local irritation
- Urge to vomit
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Do not take a double dose if you miss any dose
- Do not take more than 3 doses of xylometazoline in 24 hours
- Do not use it continuously for more than 7 days in case of nasal sprays and 5 days in case of nasal drops
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops may interact with the following drugs and products:
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops is a contraindication. In addition, Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Children under the age of 12 years
- Dry rhinitis
- Post trans-sphenoidal hypophysectomy