Flusin Tablets 24s
Flusin Tablet is used for Fever, Flu, Fatigue, Drowsiness, Bronchopulmonary dysplasia in premature infants, Cerebral palsy and other conditions.
- Flusin Tablet contains Caffeine, Chlorphenamine, Paracetamol and Pseudoephedrine as active ingredients.
- Flusin Tablet works by antagonizing the adenosine receptors; blocking H1-receptor sites on tissues; increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating; causing narrowing of the blood vessels and reduces swelling in the nasal passages;
- Pharmacare manufactures Flusin Tablet.
Flusin Tablet Uses
Flusin Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia in premature infants
- Cerebral palsy
- Apnea of prematurity
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Hay fever
- Common cold
- Watery eyes
- Itchy throat/skin
- Anaphylactic shock
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
- High fever
- Sinus congestion and pressure
Flusin Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Flusin Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Antagonizing the adenosine receptors.
- Blocking H1-receptor sites on tissues.
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
- Causing narrowing of the blood vessels and reduces swelling in the nasal passages.
Flusin Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Flusin Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Caffeine - 20Mg
- Chlorphenamine - 2Mg
- Paracetamol - 200Mg
- Pseudoephedrine - 6Mg
Flusin Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Flusin Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Chronic arterial stiffness
- Gastrointestinal motility
- Gastric acid secretion
- Congenital malformations
- Miscarriage or growth retardation
Flusin Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Flusin Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have any breathing problems, glaucoma, or difficulty urinating
- Avoid alcohol and other sedatives while on this medication
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you know how this medication affects you
- Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how this drug will affect you
- Avoid exposing medication to excessive heat
Flusin Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Flusin Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Flusin Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Cardiac glycosides
Flusin Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Flusin Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Flusin Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Hepatic impairment