Rheugesic Gel 100g
What is Rheugesic?
Rheugesic Gel is used for Swelling, Stiffness and joint pain, Juvenile idiopathic arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Acute gout, Postoperative pain and other conditions.
- Rheugesic Gel contains Piroxicam as an active ingredient.
- Rheugesic Gel works by decreasing the production of prostaglandins that cause pain.
- Cipla Medpro manufactures Rheugesic Gel.
Rheugesic Gel Uses
Rheugesic Gel is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Swelling, stiffness and joint pain
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Acute gout
- Postoperative pain
- Acute musculoskeletal conditions
Rheugesic Gel Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Rheugesic Gel improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Decreasing the production of prostaglandins that cause pain.
Rheugesic Gel - Composition and Active Ingredients
Rheugesic Gel is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Rheugesic Gel - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Rheugesic Gel. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Fast heartbeat
- Changes in the red blood cells
- Blurred vision
- Feeling of sickness
Rheugesic Gel - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Rheugesic Gel, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Be careful if you have impaired renal, hepatic or cardiac function
- Children below the age of 12 years
- Elderly patients
- Patients with infections, asthma, allergic disorders, haemorrhagic disorders or hypertension
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Rheugesic Gel. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Rheugesic Gel. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Rheugesic Gel - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Rheugesic Gel may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Rheugesic Gel may interact with the following drugs and products:
Rheugesic Gel - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Rheugesic Gel is a contraindication. In addition, Rheugesic Gel should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Active peptic ulceration
- Pregnancy 3rd trimester