Phenergan Cream 25g
Phenergan Cream is used for Sneezing, Nose itching, Eye irritation, Nausea, Vomiting, Motion sickness and other conditions.
- Phenergan Cream contains Dibromopropamidine Isethionate and Promethazine as active ingredients.
- Phenergan Cream works by blocking histamines or nitrogenous compounds; killing the bacteria;
- Winthrop Pharma manufactures Phenergan Cream.
Phenergan Cream Uses
Phenergan Cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Nose itching
- Eye irritation
- Motion sickness
- Skin infection
- Eye infections
- Minor injuries
Phenergan Cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Phenergan Cream improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking histamines or nitrogenous compounds.
- Killing the bacteria.
Phenergan Cream - Composition and Active Ingredients
Phenergan Cream is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Promethazine - 0.15G/100G
- Dibromopropamidine Isethionate - 0.15G/100G
Phenergan Cream - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Phenergan Cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Central nervous system depression
- Dryness of mouth
- Blurring of vision
- Retention of urine
Phenergan Cream - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Phenergan Cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Breast feeding
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not use in children younger than 2 years old
- Do not use this drug for more than 7 days without doctor's consultation
- May cause breathing problems
- Notify doctor if have breathing problems such as asthma, COPD, sleep apnea
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Phenergan Cream. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Phenergan Cream. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Phenergan Cream - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Phenergan Cream may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Phenergan Cream may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
Phenergan Cream - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Phenergan Cream is a contraindication. In addition, Phenergan Cream should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Children below the age of two years
- Concomitant therapy with monoamine oxidase inhibitor inhibitors
- Do not use for more than a few days at a time