Pentoz OTC Tablets 7s
Pentoz Otc Tablet is used for Intestinal or stomach ulcers, Heartburn, Excess acid secretion by stomach, Back flow of acid from stomach, Difficulty in swallowing, Inflammation of esophagus and other conditions.
- Pentoz Otc Tablet contains Pantoprazole as an active ingredient.
- Pentoz Otc Tablet works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
- Dr Reddys Labs manufactures Pentoz Otc Tablet.
Pentoz Otc Tablet Uses
Pentoz Otc Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Intestinal or stomach ulcers
- Excess acid secretion by stomach
- Back flow of acid from stomach
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Inflammation of esophagus
Pentoz Otc Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Pentoz Otc Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Pentoz Otc Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Pentoz Otc Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Pentoz Otc Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Pentoz Otc Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Sensation of whirling and loss of balance
- Increased risk of bone fractures
- Severe itching of skin
- Rash body temperature
- Blurred vision
Pentoz Otc Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Pentoz Otc Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Be careful before using the medicine if having liver disease and deficiency of vitamin B12
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it
- Swallow the tablet as a whole
- Take doctor's advice before taking the medicine if having low magnesium levels
- Take the medicine one hour before meal
Pentoz Otc Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Pentoz Otc Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Pentoz Otc Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Pentoz Otc Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Pentoz Otc Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Pentoz Otc Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Atrophic gastritis
- Broken bone
- Clostridium difficile bacteria related colitis
- Inadequate vitamin B12
- Interstitial nephritis
- Low amount of magnesium in the blood