What is Lenapain?
Lenapain Tablet is used for Insomnia, Headache, Joint pain, Fever, Migraine, Drowsiness and other conditions.
- Lenapain Tablet contains Caffeine, Codeine, Doxylamine and Paracetamol as active ingredients.
- Lenapain Tablet works by antagonizing the adenosine receptors; broken down by the liver into morphine; blocking histamine at H1 receptors; increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating;
- Pharmacare manufactures Lenapain Tablet.
Lenapain Tablet Uses
Lenapain Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia in premature infants
- Cerebral palsy
- Apnea of prematurity
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Relief of mild to moderately severe pain
- Allergic reactions
- Morning sickness in pregnant women
- Allergic symptoms
- Ear pain
Lenapain Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Lenapain Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Antagonizing the adenosine receptors.
- Broken down by the liver into morphine.
- Blocking histamine at H1 receptors.
Lenapain Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Lenapain Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Caffeine - 30Mg
- Codeine - 10Mg
- Doxylamine - 5Mg
- Paracetamol - 450Mg
Lenapain Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Lenapain Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Confusion or hallucinations
- Chronic arterial stiffness
- Gastrointestinal motility
- Gastric acid secretion
- Congenital malformations
Lenapain Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Lenapain Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below..
- Acute pancreatitis
- Addison’s disease
- Avoid driving a car or operating machinery
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if you experience dizziness fromt his medication
- Avoid exposing medication to excessive heat
Lenapain Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Lenapain Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Lenapain Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Antianxiety agents
Lenapain Tablet - Contraindications.
Hypersensitivity to Lenapain Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Lenapain Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma
- Allergic reactions
- Enlarged prostate
- Hepatic impairment