Benylin Original Syrup 100ml
Benylin Original Syrup is used for Dry cough, Patients with metabolic alkalosis, Patients with hypochloremic states, Temporarily relief of cough caused by common cold, Flu, Or other conditions and other conditions.
- Benylin Original Syrup contains Ammonium Chloride and Dextromethorphan as active ingredients.
- Benylin Original Syrup works by increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body; decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing;
- Johnson And Johnson manufactures Benylin Original Syrup.
Benylin Original Syrup Uses
Benylin Original Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Dry cough
- Patients with metabolic alkalosis
- Patients with hypochloremic states
- Temporarily relief of cough caused by common cold, flu, or other conditions
Benylin Original Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Benylin Original Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body.
- Decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing.
Benylin Original Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Benylin Original Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ammonium Chloride - 125Mg/5Ml
- Dextromethorphan - 12.5Mg/5Ml
Benylin Original Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Benylin Original Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
- Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Injection site reactions
- Irregular breathing
- Progressive drowsiness
Benylin Original Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Benylin Original Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Chronic bronchitis
- Cough with a large amount of phlegm
- Crystals can be dissolved by placing container in warm water bath
- Ensure the medication has not crystallized before administration
Benylin Original Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Benylin Original Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Benylin Original Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Cough and cold medicines
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
Benylin Original Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Benylin Original Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Benylin Original Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Concomitant use with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor
- Metabolic alkalosis with loss of sodium bicarbonate
- Severe liver impairment
- Severe renal impairment