Tensopyn Tablets 20s
What is Tensopyn?
Tensopyn Tablet is used for Headache, Periods pain, Joint pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Orthostatic hypotension and other conditions.
- Tensopyn Tablet contains Caffeine, Codeine Phosphate, Doxylamine Succinate and Paracetamol as active ingredients.
- Tensopyn Tablet works by increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating; broken down by the liver into morphine; blocking the effects of the chemical histamine and few others in the body; antagonizing the adenosine receptors;
- Mirren manufactures Tensopyn Tablet.
Tensopyn Tablet Uses
Tensopyn Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Periods pain
- Joint pain
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Ear pain
- Relief of mild to moderately severe pain
- Occasional sleeplessness
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia in premature infants
- Cerebral palsy
- Apnea of prematurity
Tensopyn Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Tensopyn Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
- Broken down by the liver into morphine.
- Blocking the effects of the chemical histamine and few others in the body.
- Antagonizing the adenosine receptors.
Tensopyn Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Tensopyn Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Paracetamol - 450Mg
- Codeine Phosphate - 10Mg
- Doxylamine Succinate - 5Mg
- Caffeine - 30Mg
Tensopyn Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Tensopyn Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Abdominal pain
- Feeling of sickness
- Skin reddening
- Allergic reactions
Tensopyn Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Tensopyn Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Acute pancreatitis
- Addison’s disease
- Avoid driving a car or operating machinery
- Avoid exposing medication to excessive heat
- Avoid taking alcohol or other central nervous system depressants
Tensopyn Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Tensopyn Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Tensopyn Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Antianxiety agents
Tensopyn Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Tensopyn Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Tensopyn Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma
- Alcohol consumption
- Children less than 6 years of age
- Hepatic impairment