Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup 100ml
What is Tensopyn Paediatric?
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup is used for Ear pain, Headache, Toothache, Joint pain, Periods pain, Fever and other conditions.
- Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup contains Codeine Phosphate and Paracetamol as active ingredients.
- Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup works by increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating; broken down by the liver into morphine;
- Mirren manufactures Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup.
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup Uses
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
- Relief of mild to moderately severe pain
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
- Broken down by the liver into morphine.
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Paracetamol - 150Mg/5 Ml
- Codeine Phosphate - 4Mg/5 Ml
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Feeling of sickness
- Skin reddening
- Allergic reactions
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen facial features
- Liver damage
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Acute pancreatitis
- Addison’s disease
- Avoid driving a car or operating machinery
- Avoid taking alcohol or other central nervous system depressants
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
- Biliary tract disease
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Antianxiety agents
Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Tensopyn Paediatric Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma
- Hepatic impairment
- Hypersensitivity to codeine
- Paralytic ileus