STREPSILS INTENSIVE Lozenges 12s
What is Strepsils Intensive?
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges is used for Relief of rheumatoid arthritis, Relief of osteoarthritis and other conditions.
- Strepsils Intensive Lozenges contains Flurbiprofen as an active ingredient.
- Strepsils Intensive Lozenges works by inhibiting prostaglandin synthetase to produce anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities.
- Reckitt Benckiser Pharma manufactures Strepsils Intensive Lozenges.
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges Uses
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Relief of rheumatoid arthritis
- Relief of osteoarthritis
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Inhibiting prostaglandin synthetase to produce anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities.
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges - Composition and Active Ingredients
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Strepsils Intensive Lozenges. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Stomach pain
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Strepsils Intensive Lozenges, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid use in late pregnancy due to premature closure of the ductus arteriosus of fetus
- Beware of gastrointestinal ulcerations and bleeding when using this drug
- Patients in late pregnancy
- Patients with advanced renal disease
- Patients with preexisting asthma
- Report to doctor unexplained weight gain or edema
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Strepsils Intensive Lozenges may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Beta-adrenergic blocking agents
Strepsils Intensive Lozenges - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Strepsils Intensive Lozenges is a contraindication. In addition, Strepsils Intensive Lozenges should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to this drug
- Patients with allergic reactionsto non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft