Lotem Suspension 100ml
Lotem Suspension is used for Fever, Back pain, Pain in teeth, Joints pain, Muscles pain, Headache and other conditions.
- Lotem Suspension contains Ibuprofen and Paracetamol as active ingredients.
- Lotem Suspension works by blocking the production of a prostaglandin that is released in the body during pain; increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating;
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Lotem Suspension.
Lotem Suspension Uses
Lotem Suspension is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Back pain
- Pain in teeth
Pain in nerves
Lotem Suspension Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Lotem Suspension improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking the production of a prostaglandin that is released in the body during pain.
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
Lotem Suspension - Composition and Active Ingredients
Lotem Suspension is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ibuprofen - 200Mg/10Ml
- Paracetamol - 250Mg/10Ml
Lotem Suspension - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Lotem Suspension. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Skin rash
- Bleeding from the skin or nose
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal blood counts
- Severe skin reactions
Lotem Suspension - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Lotem Suspension, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid taking alcohol or salicylates to prevent bleeding
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
- Consult your doctor if you develop blurred vision, ringing or roaring in ears
- Consult your doctor if you have systemic lupus erythematosus
- Do not take paracetamol if you consume alcoholic beverages every day
- Inform your doctor if you have bruising or bleeding
Lotem Suspension - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Lotem Suspension may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Lotem Suspension may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Interfere with certain laboratory tests
- Juxtapid mipomersen
Lotem Suspension - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Lotem Suspension is a contraindication. In addition, Lotem Suspension should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Active peptic ulcer
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Hepatic impairment