Lenazine Forte Syrup 100ml
Lenazine Forte Syrup is used for Cough, Allergic disorders, Mild and chronic bronchial asthma, Relief of mild to moderately severe pain, Low blood pressure, Sneezing and other conditions.
- Lenazine Forte Syrup contains Codeine, Ephedrine and Promethazine as active ingredients.
- Lenazine Forte Syrup works by broken down by the liver into morphine; increasing cardiac output and inducing peripheral vasoconstriction; blocking histamines or nitrogenous compounds;
- Pharmacare manufactures Lenazine Forte Syrup.
Lenazine Forte Syrup Uses
Lenazine Forte Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Allergic disorders
- Mild and chronic bronchial asthma
- Relief of mild to moderately severe pain
- Low blood pressure
- Nose itching
- Eye irritation
- Motion sickness
Lenazine Forte Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Lenazine Forte Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Broken down by the liver into morphine.
- Increasing cardiac output and inducing peripheral vasoconstriction.
- Blocking histamines or nitrogenous compounds.
Lenazine Forte Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Lenazine Forte Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Codeine - 9Mg/5Ml
- Ephedrine - 7.2Mg/5Ml
- Promethazine - 3.6Mg/5Ml
Lenazine Forte Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Lenazine Forte Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Shortness of breath
Lenazine Forte Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Lenazine Forte Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Acute pancreatitis
- Addison’s disease
- Avoid drinking alcohol with this medical
- Avoid driving a car or operating machinery
- Avoid taking alcohol or other central nervous system depressants
Lenazine Forte Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Lenazine Forte Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Lenazine Forte Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
Lenazine Forte Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Lenazine Forte Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Lenazine Forte Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute or severe bronchial asthma
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Children below the age of two years
- Concomitant therapy with monoamine oxidase inhibitor inhibitors