Lenamet Tablets 20s
Lenamet Tablet is used for Treatment of erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease, Ulcer formation in stomach, Treatment of pathological hypersecretory conditions, Stress ulcer, Heartburn, Maintenance therapy for duodenal ulcer patients at reduced dosage after healing of active ulcer and other conditions.
- Lenamet Tablet contains Cimetidine as an active ingredient.
- Lenamet Tablet works by antagonizing the activity of histamine H2 receptors of the parietal cells, thereby inhibiting gastric acid secretion.
- Pharmacare manufactures Lenamet Tablet.
Lenamet Tablet Uses
Lenamet Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Treatment of erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Ulcer formation in stomach
- Treatment of pathological hypersecretory conditions
- Stress ulcer
- Maintenance therapy for duodenal ulcer patients at reduced dosage after healing of active ulcer
- Excess acid secretion in stomach
- Ulcer formation in food pipe
- Short-term treatment of active duodenal ulcer
- Short-term treatment of active benign gastric ulcer
Lenamet Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Lenamet Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Antagonizing the activity of histamine H2 receptors of the parietal cells, thereby inhibiting gastric acid secretion.
Lenamet Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
Lenamet Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Lenamet Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Lenamet Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Mental confusion
Lenamet Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Lenamet Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Advanced age
- Avoid concomitant usage of antacids
- Preexisting liver disease
- Preexisting renal disease
- Reversible confusional states
- Take it with food or at bedtime
Lenamet Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Lenamet Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Lenamet Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Lenamet Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Lenamet Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Lenamet Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to this drug