Flustat Syrup 100ml
Flustat Syrup is used for Appetite suppressor, Temporarily relief of cough caused by common cold, Flu, Or other conditions, Headache, Toothache, Ear pain, Joint pain and other conditions.
- Flustat Syrup contains Dextromethorphan, Paracetamol and Phenylpropanolamine as active ingredients.
- Flustat Syrup works by decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing; increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating; stimulating alpha-adrenergic receptors which produce vasoconstriction and reduces tissue edema and nasal congestion;
- Be Tabs Pharma manufactures Flustat Syrup.
Flustat Syrup Uses
Flustat Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Appetite suppressor
- Temporarily relief of cough caused by common cold, flu, or other conditions
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
Flustat Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Flustat Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing.
- Increasing the pain threshold and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
- Stimulating alpha-adrenergic receptors which produce vasoconstriction and reduces tissue edema and nasal congestion.
Flustat Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Flustat Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Dextromethorphan - 15Mg/20Ml
- Paracetamol - 500Mg/20Ml
- Phenylpropanolamine - 25Mg/20Ml
Flustat Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Flustat Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Skin rashes
- Feeling drowsy
- Breathing problems
- Urge to vomit
Flustat Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Flustat Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid its continuous use for longer than 3 months
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
- Chronic bronchitis
- Cough with a large amount of phlegm
- Do not take paracetamol if you consume alcoholic beverages every day
Flustat Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Flustat Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Flustat Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Cough and cold medicines
Flustat Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Flustat Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Flustat Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Concomitant use with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor
- Hepatic impairment