Dilucort Cream 25g
Dilucort Cream is used for Inflammatory skin disorders, Insect bite reactions, Allergic reactions, Itchy skin rashes, Pain, Swelling and inflammation of skin, Hormonal conditions and other conditions.
- Dilucort Cream contains Hydrocortisone as an active ingredient.
- Dilucort Cream works by decreasing the number of blood cells that cause inflammation and allergy.
- Pharmacare manufactures Dilucort Cream.
Dilucort Cream Uses
Dilucort Cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Inflammatory skin disorders
- Insect bite reactions
- Allergic reactions
- Itchy skin rashes
- Pain, swelling and inflammation of skin
- Hormonal conditions
- Immune problems
Dilucort Cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Dilucort Cream improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Decreasing the number of blood cells that cause inflammation and allergy.
Dilucort Cream - Composition and AcDilucort Cream - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Dilucort Cream may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Dilucort Cream may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Amphotericin B
- Ascorbic acid
Dilucort Cream - Ingredients
Dilucort Cream is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Dilucort Cream - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Dilucort Cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Cushing's habitus
- Peptic ulceration
- Fluid retention
- Potassium or calcium depletion
- Muscle wasting
- Stomach pain
Dilucort Cream - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Dilucort Cream, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Consult your doctor if the skin condition does not improve after application at prescribed dose and duration
- Do not apply plasters or dressings over the cream
- Do not drive or use machinery
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to hydrocortisone
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Dilucort Cream. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Dilucort Cream. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Dilucort Cream - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Dilucort Cream is a contraindication. In addition, Dilucort Cream should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Children below the age of 5 years
- New born babies