Dilinct Syrup 100ml
Dilinct Syrup is used for Bronchodilator, Relief of runny nose and sneezing due to common cold, Patients with metabolic alkalosis, Patients with hypochloremic states, Relief of runny nose, Sneezing, Itchy, Watery eyes, Itchy nose, Itchy throat due to hay fever or allergy and other conditions.
- Dilinct Syrup contains Ammonium Chloride, Diphenhydramine and Etofylline Nicotinate as active ingredients.
- Dilinct Syrup works by increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body; blocking the action of histamine; increasing the expansion of bronchial tubes;
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Dilinct Syrup.
Dilinct Syrup Uses
Dilinct Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Relief of runny nose and sneezing due to common cold
- Patients with metabolic alkalosis
- Patients with hypochloremic states
- Relief of runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, itchy nose, itchy throat due to hay fever or allergy
Dilinct Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Dilinct Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing the excretion of extracellular electrolytes and water out of the body.
- Blocking the action of histamine.
- Increasing the expansion of bronchial tubes.
Dilinct Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Dilinct Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ammonium Chloride - 410.5Mg
- Diphenhydramine - 42.2Mg
- Etofylline Nicotinate - 105.5Mg
Dilinct Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Dilinct Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Injection site reactions
- Irregular breathing
- Progressive drowsiness
Dilinct Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Dilinct Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Crystals can be dissolved by placing container in warm water bath
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not use to make a child sleepy
- Ensure the medication has not crystallized before administration
- Inform your doctor if you have previous kidney or liver failure
- Patients with high CO2 and buffer base
Dilinct Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Dilinct Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Dilinct Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Other products containing diphenhydramine
Dilinct Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Dilinct Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Dilinct Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Concomitant use with other products containing diphenhydramine
- Metabolic alkalosis with loss of sodium bicarbonate
- Severe liver impairment
- Severe renal impairment