Cipla-Actin Tablets 30s
Cipla-Actin Tablet is used for Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods, Loss of appetite, Cold urticaria, Allergic reactions to blood or plasma, Dermatographism, Vasomotor rhinitis and other conditions.
- Cipla-Actin Tablet contains Cyproheptadine as an active ingredient.
- Cipla-Actin Tablet works by blocking the action of histamine.
- Cipla Medpro manufactures Cipla-Actin Tablet.
Cipla-Actin Tablet Uses
Cipla-Actin Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods
- Loss of appetite
- Cold urticaria
- Allergic reactions to blood or plasma
- Vasomotor rhinitis
- Perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis
Cipla-Actin Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Cipla-Actin Tablet improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
Blocking the action of histamine.
- Cipla-Actin Tablet - Composition and Active Ingredients
- Cipla-Actin Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Cyproheptadine - 4Mg
Cipla-Actin Tablet - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Cipla-Actin Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Disturbed coordination
Cipla-Actin Tablet - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Cipla-Actin Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can increase certain side effects
- Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Do not start or continue the drug without consulting
- Do not take this medicine while you are breastfeeding
- If you are allergic to it or any of the other ingredients
Cipla-Actin Tablet - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Cipla-Actin Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Cipla-Actin Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Cipla-Actin Tablet - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Cipla-Actin Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Cipla-Actin Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- Bladder neck obstruction
- Cyproheptadine and other drugs of similar chemical structure
- Elderly or debilitated patients
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor therapy
- Newborn or premature infants