Cepacol Linctus Syrup 100ml
Cepacol Linctus Syrup is used for Allergic symptoms, Dental plaque, Gingivitis, Temporarily relief of cough caused by common cold, Flu, Or other conditions, Insomnia, Allergic reactions and other conditions.
- Cepacol Linctus Syrup contains Cetylpyridinium, Dextromethorphan, Doxylamine and Sodium Citrate as active ingredients.
- Cepacol Linctus Syrup works by killing bacteria and other microorganisms; decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing; blocking histamine at H1 receptors; regulating the intake of sodium and potassium;
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Cepacol Linctus Syrup.
Cepacol Linctus Syrup Uses
Cepacol Linctus Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
Temporarily relief of cough caused by common cold, flu, or other conditions
Morning sickness in pregnant women
Cepacol Linctus Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Cepacol Linctus Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Killing bacteria and other microorganisms.
- Decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing.
- Blocking histamine at H1 receptors.
- Regulating the intake of sodium and potassium.
Cepacol Linctus Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients'
Cepacol Linctus Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Cetylpyridinium - 2.5Mg/10Ml
- Dextromethorphan - 30Mg/10Ml
- Doxylamine - 6Mg/10Ml
- Sodium Citrate - 500Mg/10Ml
Cepacol Linctus Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Cepacol Linctus Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Skin irritation
- Burning sensation
- Brown stains between teeth and on the surface of teeth
Cepacol Linctus Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Cepacol Linctus Syrup, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if you experience dizziness fromt his medication
- Be careful while exercising or in hot weather
- Blocking of airflow to the lungs
- Children less than 6 years of age
- Chronic bronchitis
Cepacol Linctus Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Cepacol Linctus Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
Cepacol Linctus Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alginic acid
- Aluminum hydroxide
Cepacol Linctus Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Cepacol Linctus Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Cepacol Linctus Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute dehydration
- Allergic reactions
- Children under 6 years of age
- Concomitant use with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor