Adco-Medigel Suspension 100ml
Medigel Suspension is used for Painful pressure, Acid indigestion, Sour stomach, Heartburn, Pain in the intestine, Cramps and other conditions.
- Medigel Suspension contains Aluminium Oxide, Dicycloverine, Magnesium Oxide, Methylcellulose, Simethicone and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate as active ingredients.
- Medigel Suspension works by helping to maintain a healthy digestive system; relieving smooth muscle spasms of the gastrointestinal tract; completing the need of magnesium in the body; absorbing water in gastrointestinal lumen thus increasing the bulk of stool; acting on inner lining of intestine and allowing gas bubbles to come together; killing the bacteria;
- Adcock Ingram manufactures Medigel Suspension.
Medigel Suspension Uses
Medigel Suspension is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Painful pressure
- Acid indigestion
- Sour stomach
- Pain in the intestine
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low magnesium levels
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Bubble bath
Medigel Suspension Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Medigel Suspension improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
- Helping to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Relieving smooth muscle spasms of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Completing the need of magnesium in the body.
- Absorbing water in gastrointestinal lumen thus increasing the bulk of stool.
- Acting on inner lining of intestine and allowing gas bubbles to come together.
- Killing the bacteria.
Medigel Suspension - Composition and Active Ingredients
- Medigel Suspension is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Aluminium Oxide - 200Mg/10Ml
- Dicycloverine - 5Mg
- Magnesium Oxide - 200Mg
- Methylcellulose - 100Mg
- Simethicone - 40Mg
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate - 25Mg
Medigel Suspension - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Medigel Suspension. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Skin irritation
- Eye irritation
- Respiratory irritation
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
Medigel Suspension - Precautions & How to Use
Before using Medigel Suspension, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid using in case of any allergy or illness
- Blockage of the intestines
Medigel Suspension - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Medigel Suspension may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Medigel Suspension may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Aluminium hydroxide
Medigel Suspension - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Medigel Suspension is a contraindication. In addition, Medigel Suspension should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Hypersensitivity to any component of product
- Infants less than 6 months of age